Is Venezuela's government going to fall? Is North Korea going to fire nukes? Is the US going to fire nukes? Are Maduro and Kim just madmen? Is Trump?
Two dictatorial regimes, both of which hate the US, both entering crises and both facing substantial constraints about how they can try to navigate them. And the US, attempting to deal with the North Korean crisis, has its own constraints as well. In this episode you'll understand the forces that are pushing Venezuela into a domestic crisis and North Korea into conflict with the US. You'll learn what options are available to everyone and why they're limited. And you'll learn a little more about how to analyze the global stage beyond the rhetoric.
- Outline on US/NK imperatives: https://geopoliticalfutures.com/perspectives-north-korea-crisis-1/
- Details on NK conventional power: https://geopoliticalfutures.com/devil-details-korean-war/
- NK regime structure: https://geopoliticalfutures.com/north-korea-structured-survival/
- SK stalling for time: https://geopoliticalfutures.com/south-korea-makes-time-not-war/
- China not as influential as ppl thinK:https://geopoliticalfutures.com/calling-chinas-bluff-north-korea/
- Competing red lines: https://geopoliticalfutures.com/negotiating-north-korea/
- Russia is involved but can't do much except make life more difficult for US: https://geopoliticalfutures.com/why-russia-cant-end-the-north-korea-crisis
NK attacks SK sub: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_Cheonan_sinking
DIA says NK now has miniaturized nukes https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/north-korea-now-making-missile-ready-nuclear-weapons-us-analysts-say/2017/08/08/e14b882a-7b6b-11e7-9d08-b79f191668ed_story.html?utm_term=.670475028d98