We've made a nuclear deal with Iran, and everyone that hasn't read the darn thing has a very strong opinion on it. In addition to understanding the deal in detail, we need to understand the history of Iran and the Middle East to get a good sense of whether the deal is a good idea or not. And, given that it's locked in, where do we go next?
- (Book) Dr. Harasta, Jesse & Charles River Editors. "The History of the Sunni and Shia Split: Understanding the divisions within Islam."
- IEAE Report on implementation day: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/16/world/middleeast/document-i-a-e-a-report-on-iran-s-nuclear-program.html?_r=0
- Brookings: http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/markaz/posts/2016/01/22-iran-nuclear-deal-implementation-what-lies-ahead-einhorn
- White house's perspective: https://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/foreign-policy/iran-deal
- JCPOA full text: https://medium.com/the-iran-deal/introduction-fcb13560dfb9#.8qrwtpmzy