In our first "meaty" episode, Xander and Erik tackle ISIS, with such awesome questions as:
- What considerations should govern how we try to take down ISIS?
- Why is current policy against ISIS not working?
- What's different about ISIS from enemies past that means we need a new strategy?
- What about human nature and western politics keeps us from taking on ISIS in the right way?
Articles from the podcast:
- The Atlantic article, "What ISIS Really Wants"
- Samuel Huntington's Clash of Civilizations
- The really great Wikipedia page on ISIS
More reading for the very curious:
- McCants, William. “The ISIS Apocalypse. The History, Strategy, and Doomsday Vision of the Islamic State.”
- Thomas Hegghammer and Petter Nesser. “Assessing the Islamic State’s Commitment to Attacking the West.” http://www.terrorismanalysts.com/pt/index.php/pot/article/view/440/html
- ReConsider on Patreon