Political and cultural dialogue is broken. It's time to fix it.
Reconsider Media sets out to breathe life, tolerance, rationality, reasonableness, and curiosity into political and cultural discourse.
We're building a community of curious, rational, data-driven people united not by agreeing on every issue in politics, but in a way of approaching the issues with a desire to learn, problem-solve, and drive progress together. We seek to provoke and nurture great conversations, and teach our community the skills to understand each other, find shared values, and learn together. Learn a bit more about the team here.
Our Core Beliefs
- Deep down most people share similar desires for their lives and the world, preferring to work together rather than be divided
- Great ideas, clearly expressed, can dramatically improve culture and government
- Curiously seeking mutual understanding will enable us to find common ground and make real progress
- Great potential to improve exists everywhere, and we have the power to realize it
Our Core Values
- We do not tell others what they are supposed to think
- We challenge our own biases and aim for transparency
- We seek to challenge conventional and personal beliefs, and to believe only what unbiased data reveal to be true
- We start by finding agreement with others on first principles and core values
- We readily admit error and change our beliefs accordingly
- We maintain respect for those that disagree with us
How We Achieve These
- Publish simple, approachable media meant to challenge core assumptions
- Create simple exercises and prompts to jump-start great political conversations
- Challenge the conventional wisdom on critical political issues
- Arm listeners with the tools to think thoroughly about the issues they face in the future
- Increase understanding of the challenges in democratic politics and political dialogue
- Dive more deeply into topics where we can increase understanding of each others' positions
- Teach the skills and mindsets of effective, enjoyable political dialogue